Monday 29 December 2014

Thank you card featuring Etty Bear special release in memory of Amanda Reed



Hi there!
Have you recovered from Christmas? Santa was good to me and the family with once again our boys getting lots of gifts and spending money (they are richer than me!) for our upcoming holiday! Hubby and I are busy with preparations for the road trip, I have also managed to sneak in some time in my craft room!
 
I completed my card for Sweet 7 Design Challenge (post will appear on the 13th Jan), and thank you cards, one for friends who are putting us up for a week and the other for another friend who is house & pet sitting for us!

Here is the first thank you card… this particular friend loves the colour purple so this was always going to feature heavily with this card. The embossing folder I used a Spellbinders M-BOSSABILITIES Reversible Embossing Folder, I used design B for this purple strip.

The digi image on this card is the image released especially in memory of another great digi artist/creator, Amanda Reed. “Etty Bear” range is by PolkaDoodle Dandies
Copics used in colouring this cuddly bear was:
E33, E47, E49, E57, W3, C-1, C-3, YG17, V17, BV17 and the flower was coloured using a group from Stamping Up Blendabilities range called “Razzleberry”


As we are going away at the end of this week (New Years Day), I won't be crafting as much nor able to post very much but stay tuned for my DT piece (released on Jan 15th)  because I think it is fantastic (not often am I completely happy with a piece... usually there is something I wish I could better!) and definitely worth a look! :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card here too as well as the first ones you showed here Leisha. Your work are sooo beautiful, that it´s hard to believe, that you´ve only been doing it soo shortly, as it looks sooo great, as if you´ve done it for years. I love this little bear, and I´m sure your friend will too. And ofcause there´s always something we can all do better, no mattter how good we get, and the day we don´t think, we can get any better, I sure think, it´s time for us to stop.
    You´re doing an awesome job here, so just keep it comming hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much Maryann! Your kind encouraging words mean alot and yes you are right, if we think we can't get any better or have nothing left to learn, well then it's time to down tools and walk away!

      Delete